Lake Fred

Lake Fred is an actual lake located in the flat pinelands of southern New Jersey. It is also one of my knicknames acquired while I was at college. There is (or was) a Lake Fred Folk Festival in the springtime.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Where I was right before Katrina

This is where I lived from August 23rd through the 27th , 2005. This is the American Queen, the largest of three riverboats run by the Delta Steamboat Company out of New Orleans. I spent the week before Katrina, enjoying the splendor of the Mississippi River and its surroundings leaving from and returning to New Orleans.

Little did I know that as soon as I arrived back to New Orleans, I would be spending that Saturday, August 27th, packing up family photos and mementos for evacuation the following Sunday morning before Katrina, having little time to savor the steamboating experience on the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home