Lake Fred

Lake Fred is an actual lake located in the flat pinelands of southern New Jersey. It is also one of my knicknames acquired while I was at college. There is (or was) a Lake Fred Folk Festival in the springtime.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gold Rain


Here's a hibiscus cultivar that can bloom as both a single and as a double. It tends to bloom as a single in the cooler months. Here is photo taken April 29, 2006 when it is still a single, but trying to be a double. The name comes from the golden yellow spots on the orange red flower petals.

4 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger GM-Carson said...

Hey there Lake Fred- I always enjoy reading your posts on Beerleaguer, and thought you might enjoy my blog:

http://pabaseball.blogspot.com

if you like it, drop a line, and come back frequently.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger GM-Carson said...

Lake Fred- it's Drama Queen from BeerLeaguer. I have a blog of my own and thought you would enjoy. Stop by and check it out, and feel free to comment on anything.

http://pabaseball.blogspot.com

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger GM-Carson said...

Hi Lake Fred,

It's Drama Queen from BeerLeaguer. I have a Phillies blog that I thought you would enjoy checking out. Feel free to comment.

http://pabaseball.blogspot.com

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Lydia Netzer said...

Wow -- that is really amazing. I have never seen a flower doing that doubling thing before. I was also unaware of thes whole hibiscus show thing either. The timing must be excrutiating to get right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home